Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Visit in Fife; Milgard On The Horizon

As I said yesterday evening, I had a job interview this morning with the window manufacturer Milgard, a business which has to be the biggest place (in many respects) that I have applied for yet. It is worth noting, though, that I have only just begun. I've washed dishes, put in duct work, ran a few wires, made a fence here and there, and sipped extra strong black coffee. Yeah, I've been around, and I might've seen a few places. I travel.

Before I lose myself on another ego trip I'll stop with the mentioning that I cannot whistle or blow up a balloon; that's a fact.

I received a letter from a friend from Modesto, California this afternoon coming back from some errends; she gave me a good three page letter, with a photo from Masked and Annonymous, with Bob Dylan standing there in a cowboy hat, posing as "Jack Fate". And she enclosed in the big envelope selected work from Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. She said it will look good on my bookshelf even if I don't read it. It will be read eventually, as I have to get through several other books I have partially read and must finish. As it is, my worries are not earth shattering. That's a blessing, for sure.

Her brother, who is another swell comrade, is attending Cornerstone Bible College in Hot Springs, South Dakota and had sent me his paper on Psalm 110 upon request. It seems as I though I ought ot read it now as I curious on the context of the Psalms in the Bible, with limited knowledge on certain ones, it would be wonderful to study up on them. My friend would say, "this is a plug", as CBI is an opportunity to study up on the Word of the LORD. It is a good opportunity, and God has many students of His Word attend there (probably not all at once, though, or I wouldn't think because it's a relatively small school faculty and campus-wise). I was almost compelled to go there myself earlier last year, and even thought I was called to go; I still could be, but it's likely that God wants me in Washington for other studies (though not formal) and preparations.

"Prepare your outside work, make it fit for yourself in the field, and afterwards build your house (Proverbs 24:27)."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Matthew God is in the business of giving us time to learn. I myself am so thankful for this. Yes so it is good to hear that you are willing to let God move you and not yourself or another thing or person! God bless you and continually grow you into a great Godly man.