Thursday, May 05, 2005

May 4

Coffee. So wonderful. I think Beethoven said that coffee is sweeter than a thousand kisses. But I ask, "Is it really?" It's pretty dern good, but maybe our German composer embellished the delicious goodness of coffee ... just a tad. Some folks like a lot of sugar in their coffee, and some like a lot of milk or in this whole diet-crazed culture this obese country is going through "Fat Free and Organic" moo juice is what some healthniks prefer in their lattes. Me, I just now settled down in this chair with a cup of black Yuban which has been sitting in the pot since early this morning. It fermented quite nicely.

Had some fellowship and Bible study time with the Stills and Ben from Albania (I don't know his last name) last evening. Finished the Book of Job then, and came to the conclusion that even the righteous man can neither save himself by his own hand nor can he have too much faith, for even Job said, "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee" (43:5 KJV).

Released more ailments before the Lord, worry and doubt being two elements; I've got to pursue Him while abiding in Him, always in Him. Worry is quite the treacherous member of this earth. With it one may invest in many contingency plans which aren't worth the time or efforts that burden the body and soul with in such blasphemy as the shaking fist at God through doubt. Doubting Castle in Bunyan's allegory, Pilgrim's Progress, was a dungeon, guarded by a beast of a giant, something which no doubt grew into what it was before it was slain by the sword. I've long since been released from this world's toil and mazes, fortune hunts and quests for success, for my Father presented me with treasures and success which await in heaven. And I suppose from there there will be many things to do for eternity. I know it'll be much more than singing and playing harps as this dreary world imagines it could be.

I soon must pack my things into boxes for the move I will make soon, and although I do not have apartment or room to rent yet I know if it is God's will for me to have a place here in the Puget Sound to work and thrive then I will find it or I will be found by it. I have friends who are experiencing this "splenderific" time of discovery and growth; from boyhood to manhood or girlhood to womanhood, some are going. And I pray for them.

Afterthoughts: Feliz Cinco de Mayo a los Mexicanos.

No comments: