Thursday, April 28, 2005

Got A Hankering for the Word

I spoke with a chap, a student and mutual friend in the faith at Cornerstone Bible Institute (let's conceal his name to protect the innocent and call him "Pepe del Taco" because Spanish is the perfect language in which to conceal a person's identity), who is a buddy of my pal "Bud Stephens" (protecting the innocent again, but in English). "Pepe" inspired me to look back into the Old Testement for prophecy fulfilled, and suggesting Zechariah 10-12 as a place to read. One thing lead to another, and soon I was skimming to the Gospel of John, then to Isaiah. Always have I been uplifted in this book; in the midst of judgment, there is grace and mercy; sacrifice and the spilling, of the Holy Spirit upon the believers was prophesied in chapter 44:3 ("I will pour My Spirit on your descendants..." God says, and continues, "One will say, 'I am the Lord's'" it says in verse 5).

Another passage of the Redeemer coming, in Isaiah, reads:

"And now the LORD says, who formed Me from the womb to be His servant, to bring back to Him, so that Israel is gathered to Him (for Hi shall be glorious in the eyes of the LORD,And My God shall be My strength),Indeed He says,'It is too small a thing that You should be My ServantTo raise up the tribes of Jacob,And to restore the preserved ones of Israel;I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles,That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth'" (Isaiah 49:5-6).

I pray for more thirsting for the Word, as Christ has quenched my eternal thirst, the well of doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteous living, as Paul said, is fit for the man of God to be made complete, "thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16). If anyone reads this, I ask for your prayer in regard to my devotion to the Word and in reading and studying that which is of Him--the Bible.

No comments: