Monday, February 28, 2005

Today's Lesson: "Physicals and B#maj7"

Happy Birthday to my brother Jason. He's soaking up the winter down in Modesto, California.

Had some interesting experiences at the health clinic today, being my first check up in a great while andmy first drug screening. I won't elaborate on today's escapades, for they really have no words of wisdom in them; although, one particular physician's disdainful memories of marching band were entertaining for me as the assessment came to a close. He truthly didn't like "band" when he was in 8th grade; and I am sure by the clues that it wasn't his thing, for he made a slightly sneering face when he recalled that it all really consisted of students marching in the rain. "I hated it," he said. Those physicans can be surprising at times. All in all, it was a good visit. The results ought to reach Milgard in a couple days.

I made a stop at the South Hill Library this afternoon and picked up a copy of Dylan's The Times They Are A-Changin' and the music book The Definitive Jazz Collection. I have quite a good collection of Dylan albums, but evey now and then I feel especially inclined to use the free stuff from our state government's library systems, so the CD's are frequently checked out. I usually check out too many books for one sitting of a month, therefore, many books go back partially read. As for the Jazz book, I took it off the shelf wondering if it had "I've Got Your Under My Skin" as sung by Old Blue Eyes Sinatra, and wonder of wonders it did include the song! But I've discovered I'm an ignoramus when it comes to playing Jazz rhythms or chord changes on the guitar. I must learn this wonderful style of musical delight. I can play a few nice progressions (and if any potential reader cares) like Galt, Cadd9, D9 and other chords which I have no name for.

More to do and learn tomorrow. I must do some more studying in Isaiah and James; the moments of anticipation leading up to this job have taken my other desires, such as reading and studying, away and gained "center stage". Aye, the praying will be plenty abundant this evening!

No comments: