Saturday, April 01, 2006

To Seek and to Walk

"As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving." (Colossians 2:6-7)

God is on the move! His ways are swift and true; His light glows in the hearts of the true, the saints of His Way. Every day, despite the weary labor, I find rest in Christ's strength. Carrying on the work of the Lord with the church, Christ's body, is the calling which addresses and propels me onward. I do not understand to the utmost clarity what the line of work I am now in is preparing me for next. I dare not doubt what God has blessed me with, therefore, I, a servant of His majesty, shall live like a servant. My Lord lowered Himself to the likeness of man, undergoing the renunciation of status and comfort and pursuit of earthly kings while traveling and ministering to the poor and the sick and the sinners. A King He is, righteous and kind. As a servant, I must aspire to not only obey my Master but also be trained by Him and then imitate Him (Luke 6:36; Ephesians 5:1). To "walk in Him" is the centerpiece of my task.

The journey starts here on the path of the Christ, and it extends into the wilderness, places of peril, just as He walked. O to walk with integrity! To walk uprightly is a very good thing! Bravery for the weak, strength for the humble, boldness for the wise are given. Today's devotion from Spurgeon brings up Hosea 10:12, "It is time to seek the Lord." How, Lord, how? How shall I seek You this day? Now, in my youth, it is time. Yes, it is time to follow you, to respond to Your call.

Your Lordship is utterly motivating and meaningful to me. May my friends and family be strengthen every day by Your strength, O God. May those few who may come across this site of prose be filled with curiosity concerning who You are. If any asks, Who is this God whom is followed by the writer of this page? then may he or she be answered. In that request, may You take delight in granting if it is Your will, Father. Amen.

No comments: